Michael

Use D,k shortcuts to the layer stack manager

Click on the middle of the layer stack up image to focus the point for
the plane insertion.
Click add plane
You will get some additional text now like 'InternalPlane1 [[no net]]
with an arrow pointing to the middle of the layer stack.
If you double click on the "InternalPlane1 [[no net]]" text you will get
a dialogue box which has 3 fields, the bottom one being Net name.

Adding a plane is not the same as adding a layer, AFAIK you can only
assign nets to plane layers, if you dbl click a layer name line
"MidLayer1" then you will only have 2 options in the dialogue box, the
Net name box is not there.

Hope this helps

John