I am working on a four layer board and I have been unable to figure out how to get the
internal ground and power planes to link up correclty with the outer layers.  The
user's guide says (p594) that you go to the layer stack manager, double click on the
layer, and choose the net you wish to assign to the layer.  The drop down list does
not appear.

The supplement to the users guide says that the drop down list will not appear until
the "design is transferred to the PCB."  I've done an ERC and selected the "update
PCB" option, but neither has given me the options I need in the PCB editor.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

thanx,

Michael Badillo