On 12:17 PM 12/10/2003, Mr. Zhang Yangtian said:
I have used protel99SE and now I am using DXP, for both version, I can not find the command of "Place Track" from the "Place"menu. But the short-cut of "P-T" can work and you can see all objects except track in this menu. Why?

You asked the same question a few days ago and it was answered then by Steve Hendrix. Was there some problem with his answer? Do you have some email problem that prevented you from seeing his answer?

Steve wrote:
"Notice in the menu the item for "inTeractive routing". That's what P-T selects. I've always thought of it as "place track" also, but there really isn't any such critter."

He is correct - Place Track was simply renamed to Place inTeractive. Place inTeractive (P-T) obeys design rules and would normally be used to place copper objects. Place Line does not obey design rules and is useful for all sorts of non-copper uses. Once placed, though, lines and tracks (placed with P-T) are the same thing.

Ian