Hi everybody,

In my department we are going to buy an ECAD software to support several
projects that require from only simulations to full level board design
up to using FPGA. I have use Protel before and I think it's an excellent
design platform. My boss wants me to recommend between Protel and EW,
and I found that EW is still a young platform and lacks several Protel's
features. However, I may be blind since I used Protel extensively
before, so I would like someone else's opinion about that decision.

I was also considering PADS, which seems to have good features that
protel lacks, but I don't know if its cost is way beyond Protel's.

I appreciate any comments about these programs. Thanks in advance,

Geoffrey