Hi, I am confused about these, if I have a multisheet schematic will net names in one sheet connect to net names in another sheet without using ports or offsheet connectors? To me a horizontal design is the same as flat design, there is no hierarchy, which to me is the same as vertical, does Protel and DXP use some other definition of these terms? Yeah, I've read the book Introducing Protel DXP, now I'm more confused! We do board design, there is no reason we need to use a hierarchy (vertical?) design.

then there is the question of Netlist Options, what the heck does it mean, Allow Ports To Name Nets, Allow Sheet Entries to Name Nets, Append Sheet Numbers to Local Nets? What combination of these do you use for a horizontal (flat?) design and what to use for a hierarchy (vertical?)?

Seems Protel works similar to Orcad in that nets named the same on different sheets don't necessarily connect, unlike ViewDraw and PowerLogic where nets of similar names on different sheets are connected.

Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list? MSN Shopping has lined up some good bets! http://shopping.msn.com