before asking question, just a note to 99 users:

yea, there is a DXP forum, but *surprise* people do ask questions about products prior to DXP there (99 for instance), also another surprise, there is more griping and complaining (I'm gonna dump DXP for my ten year old DOS CAD if Altium doesn't port to linux and lower the price) there and chatter about non DXP/99 stuff (such as Linux, Delphy, MicroSoft OS argueing/blather) than one would/should expect, so here I is with my DXP question:

In DXP I generate fabrication output, Gerbers, CamTastic opens, I have to manually enter NC tool table info to run Analyse- PCB Design fix, there must be another way

The only way I can see to do this is to Generate fab outputs of the Gerber, generate the NC, making sure to send both to the same directory, then open another CAM document and doing an Import-Quickload, I now have 3 CamTastic documents, two of them being made to get the one I want

this seems to be a long way to do something that should be able to be done with one mouseclick

will it help to understand how DXP works if I stand on my head?

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year six months @$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup