At 28/12/2003 09:38, Battisti Christoph wrote:
Can an existing OrCAD schematic be imported in PROTEL?

Yes, it can; I have done it for the DOS version. But it is NOT simple. Here's how:

1. create a project library (libarch.exe) to simplify the rest of the procedure
2. decompile (decomp.exe) that library (P99SE doen't understand binary libraries)
3. vectorise (vector.exe) it (P99SE doesn't understand the old bitmaps)
4. open a new library project in P99SE and import the library
5. save that library project
6. open a new schematic project, select your new library and import the schematic
7. cleanup the schematic and library parts as necessary

The parts in the new library will look rather ragged, but are fine.
On my system, all designators in the schematic ended up in the same spot in a big pile.
To correct that, simply select all (S,A) and rotate 360 degrees. That will put all part fields in their default positions.

But it just might be quicker to redraw it all from scratch and use a netlist compare to verify its correctness.....

Success,

Leo Potjewijd
hardware designer
IE Keyprocessor bv.