Phil have you checked to se if Orcad ports have been enabled?

Tools,Preferences,Scematic tab, OrCad load options, check box OrCad TM ports
should be unchecked for all sheets/projects

If it is checked it will resize port to suit text length, if you uncheck it
you might need to globally resize all the ports again.

John