At 16/01/2004 03:22, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote (among other things):

snippetysnip

Is this just me being stupid (again)

Probably. :-) Join the crowd. I won't bore you with all the stupid things I've done in the past day....

or did some stray cosmic ray toggle a setting somewhere deep inside the works of my P99SE? More importantly: _which_ setting?

I think you're going to need to look again, and I suggest documenting, in a mail to us, *exactly* what is in each rule and exactly what primitives you have -- try it with a small test board, it only really needs a couple of vias and pads -- and exactly what report you get, copy and paste the important parts into your mail.

I will, but that will have to wait 'till after my hard-needed vacation.....

My guess is that before you are done, you'll be slapping your head....

Well, actually, I'm done. Well done. Someone stick a fork in me before I turn black...
The board is finished, and so am I (I really have to stop pulling these all-nighters)....
But the only slapping-my-head that I have been doing is to keep me awake...:-\

I will post an update in a week or two to let you all know what really happened.

By now !

Leo Potjewijd
hardware designer
IE Keyprocessor bv.