Hi all,

I just finished a PCB that used 4 mil tracks and 4 mil spacing imposed by the BGAs. I used teardrops for all pads and the 4 mil clearance was maintained. Using "freeDFM" checker at Advanced Circuits, I found many clearance errors, especially associated with teardrops. There were also a few pad to pad problems similar to the others. I found the error locations in 99SE PCB but the clearances were correct. I then checked Camtastic and found that there were clearance issues as reported. Typically the error was between 0.5 mil and .002 mil. I know that doesn't sound like much but 0.5 mil is significant down at 4 mil. Round off errors should be much smaller I'm guessing. I tried 2:4 and 2:5 gerber formats, same results. I'm sure that I'm missing some basic understanding concerning gerber accuracy. Any clues? Thank you for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Tom