Choong Keat Yian--You seem to have mastered Orcad Layout very well. We found this very
difficult to do. We found it very hard to figure out how to use the template files and
spreadsheet settings, that may have been our problem. However we were able to start
laying out boards with early versions of Protel within a very short period of time.

Another factor. Fairly early licensee of Protel, have kept up the license upgrades but
until recently stayed at 3.x PCB. Are now jumping all the way up to DXP, but we never
actively used the intermediate versions. It always seemed that it might be worthwhile
upgrading some time in the future, but, let's wait until we finish THIS project. Short
efforts in the intermediate versions--especially when they forced you to use a special
database--discouraged a switch over. Seemed then as though Protel was trying to solve
problems we didn't have. Anyway that's ancient history.... But agree that some of the
Protel versions that came out after 3.x weren't very attractive, probably lost them a
lot of business.

Still, having said all that, the temptation ever to jump to Orcad layout is zero from
this corner of the world....

My informal survey is that probably one of the most popular combinations out there is
Orcad schematic, PADS layout.

Best regards,

Kerry Berland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]