From: Dom Bragge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 5 February 2004 11:04 AM
To: protel
Subject: [PEDA] Protel - server problems

I'm having a few probs with my setup here & just wanted to bounce the
symptoms off you for any suggestions I could follow up on.

I am running 99SEsp6 & XP & am connected to a network.

History:
I had "My Documents" mapped to the H: drive (on a server) instead of my
local machine for safety sake (& making backups simple). The problem
with that is there is often some sort of lag when I save a (say 3meg)
Protel database. Instead of taking <1sec, like when I save on my local
disk, it *sometimes* takes nearly 60seconds onto the H drive. Sometimes
it has been almost instantaneous. This doesn't seem to be related to
network traffic, more like waiting for something to timeout, as I can
send a 10meg file to & from the same H drive & it does that smartly.

I only have delay probs with Protel saving & no other program.

Can anyone give a hint of what might be happening here? Have you seen
anything like this?

--
Regards,

Dom

Dom Bragge, CID MIEEE  | Silverbrook Research PL, PO Box 207
Snr PCB Layout Engr    | Balmain NSW 2041, AUSTRALIA
Ph +61-2-9818-6633xt163| [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is sent using PostCast Server Professional Trial:
http://www.postcastserver.com/

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.