we don't have problems with the DDB over the network
nor w/ compact on close except for the small time it
takes to do the compact which is maybe roughly
10 secs on a 10M file

Dennis Saputelli

May Scott wrote:

> Are you using the DDB database format - if I remember rightly, it's an
> access database, which according to our network support guys are just
> tragic over networks...
>
> You mention it's when you save - have you selected the "Compact database
> on save" option?  I know that function can be slow even on local drives
> at times...
>
> Thanks,
> Scott.
>   Scott May

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com