Hi,

Protel 98 stops respond when doing ERC, and the status bar shows "starting
text editor server". It also halts when creating a new text file or
generating netlist.  I guess the text editor server in Protel 98 has
problem. So I unstalled Protel 98 and re-installed Protel98 and its service
pack 3  to my PC, but the problem still happens.

The operation system on the PC is WinXP Pro.  I know that re-install WinXP
and Protel 98 will fix the problem. But re-installing WinXP often makes me
lose something.

Does anybody know how to solve the problem without re-installing the
Operating system ?

Thank you in advance.

Jun Gong

This message is sent using PostCast Server Professional Trial:
http://www.postcastserver.com/