At 10:47 AM 2/7/2004, you wrote:
In protelDXP, there is an object named as "Keep Out". But under PCB library edit mode, when using the menu "Place->Keep Out", there are only four sub-objects can be selected and all of them are for arc drawing. But under PCB edit mode, there are two other sub-objects, named as Fill and Track. So I wonder that is it really that user can not place a rectangle "keep out" under PCB library edit mode, and why the software is designed in this way?

You *can* place a fill or track keepout in a DXP footprint. I don't know why the submenu is limited -- it certainly led you astray --, but if you place, for example, a fill, and then open up its edit dialog, and check the "keepout" box, it becomes a keepout.