Thanks Harry:

Unfortunately I didn't get to try this out, since I fixed the ratsnest by
using the netlist manager to update free primitives from component pads; I
don't know if the tracks are still there or not, but they certainly don't
appear when I print. I hope my board doesn't come back with superfluous dots
from the rogue tracks...

Cheers,
Matt.