Hi.
I just experienced a WEIRD situation: the DRC (P99SEsp6) doesn't work anymore!
That is, it does not follow some rules for some objects and displays a strange interaction between rules.

I have (among others) a general clearance and an 'anti-tombstone' rule, both these rules worked fine - until now.
Enabled = Yes Name = Anti tombstone
Scope1 = Smd Pad
Scope2 = Thru-Hole Pad, Via
Connectivity = Same Net
Gap = 6mil
Rule Followed By Router
Comment =
This rule prevents solderpaste from leaking into holes and leading to imperfect joints.

        Enabled = Yes    Name = General clearance
             Scope1 = Board
             Scope2 = Board
             Connectivity = Different Nets
             Gap = 6mil
             Rule Followed By Router

I accidentally placed a via (24 / 12) between two pads (20 x 55 mil) of a SO14 IC leaving an effective clearance of 3mil and got no warning. I thought "well that's a first, is that via _that_ small?" and checked the clearance with the Report - Measure Primitives command: indeed 3 mils.
I checked both the online and batch rules, re-ran DRC, even restarted the PC and repeated the process: still no warning.

Further digging revealed that disabling my anti-tombstone rule (!) produced the violation that I was expecting, but that rule should not apply tho these items because of different nets.....
And even if it did, there should be a violation because the clearance is less than the 6 mils specified.

Am I missing something very obvious, or am I to look for a new package?
Help me out guys, please. I'm getting quite desperate....

Leo Potjewijd
hardware designer
Integrated Engineering B.V.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]