Hello,

99SE: During my initial PCB layout stages I created internal planes 1-13. For the final product I reduced it to 3 internal planes. To delete the excess planes I temporarily placed everything I could (split planes, etc.) on Plane 1 and deleted everything from the other planes. I was then able to delete all those planes (using the Layer Stack Manager), leaving only plane 1. However, when I try to add new planes the numbering always starts with plane 11, skipping 2-10. When I look at the Design->Options->Layers dialog it says that only internal plane 1 is being used. However, when I look at Tools->Preferences->Colors, only internal planes 11-16 are grayed out. It sounds like some part of the application is retaining some memory of previously used planes. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray Mitchell
Engineer, Code 2732