Michael

Have you compacted the database?

Are you using DDB file system?

The DDB database size grows at an exponential rate if not compacted at
close.

Try the little un-named 'Arrow Down' button on the top left of the
window, drop down to 'Design Utilities' and you will get a 'Compact &
Repair Box'

I would suggest first backup your database to another location, then
first run a 'repair' pass, then run 'compact'

After that check the box for 'Perform Compact After Closing Design' box
and the operation will be automatic after each session is closed.

How big is your DDB file?

You can export / import rules from within the PCB editor
Design>Rules>Menu or Right Click on workspace>Rules>Menu

Good luck

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd