At 04-05-2004 16:48, John A. Ross [Design] wrote:
Does anyone else use this method for keeping top sheets clean in 99SE?

See screenshot http://www.proteluser.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=71#post71

If you look at net labels HA[0..18], HD[0..15] and HA20/HA21/WE0 you
will see that I have added additional sheet entries of the same name
while using only a single port on the child sheet.

Sort of a one (child sheet) to many (parent sheet) and it seems to work
fine.

Well, I don't use that method. For one reason, it makes it less clear which bus goes where.

But Importing this to 2004 and compile, the compiler does not like this
at all. I tried creating the same number of sheet entries as the sheet
symbol has but it seems 2004 will choke on same name items.

Apparently 2004 gets confused too.....

I have been given today the task of translating some more 99SE designs
which have between 20-40 sheets and it seems this small workaround has
come back to bite me. If anyone has any ideas on a workaround to save
redrawing the top sheets 'ugly' then please let mw know.

I make branches in buses using bus entries and specify what bus members are in each branch using net labels; if the bus goes two places with all its members I use a junction and label each section.
That way the clutter is minimal and it is always clear which bus goes where with what members.

Leo Potjewijd hardware designer Integrated Engineering B.V.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+31 20 4620700