Hey Guys,

As a consumer products development company, we're continually trying to
shrink our pcb into a smaller form factor. Therefore, it would be really
nice to be able to export 3d files that we could assemble into 3d plastics
models in order to do clearance checking etc. This is a necessity for us,
however right now I do this manually. I know there are a couple products
available as add-ons for Protel99SE. Has anybody used either View3d, or
Protel IDF 3d Modeler from Desktop EDA? What do you think of them?

Darcy Davis
Design Engineer,
Dynastream Innovations, Inc.