Greetings. Last time I made a component outline was in the tutorial for Autotrax. I have since moved up to Protel for Windows 3.n. I need to create a footprint for a 52 lead MQFP (S-52) ... being for an Analog Devices ADuC832

Since I am all rusty I'd appreciate pointers as to how to go about creating such footprint,
how to handle origins etc. without doing treacherous math for the placement of every pad.
I suppose I make an array of one sides' worth of pins, using step&repeat. THen copy and paste.
Is there a way to include the pin numbering in the step&repeat process?

And the perennial question,
is there a repository for component outlines / footprints and tools to import/convert?

Thanks in advance
Fritz Oppliger