In light of the recent thread on upgrading to DXP I would like to ask the question of
those who have (and possibly those that didn't) regarding sharing your files with us
Protel 99SE people i.e. Having done your DXP pcb/schematics you need to share them
with us 99SE users. How confident can you/we be that ALL the important information is
preserved.

I would grossly resent being forced to pay AUS$10,000 for DXP just so that I can read
the files created by other DXPers. This is a tactic that Microsoft use with stuff like
their Office Suite and is not the way to keep good favour.

I ask the question because my company supports a number of customers pcb designs (we
are a pcb stuffer) and some are now using DXP whilst others use 99SE. We currently use
99SE internally and would prefer to stay with it for now but have had concern from the
DXP customers as to the problems they have exporting and whether the 99SE files we get
are reliable enough for us to work on.

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
http://www.elby-designs.com