Tony - I guess I didn't make myself clear. I do want to use the wheel for zooming, but I want it to be the default function for the wheel so that I don't need to hold the CTRL key to use it (mouse zooming with one hand instead of two!).

The reason the default wheel setup is ridiculous (to me) is that it seems a waste to reserve the WHEEL and the SHIFT-WHEEL for vertical and horizontal panning when any-direction panning when it is already the function of the right-drag mouse button (again it requires just one hand instead of two). I want zooming to be the default wheel function (instead of vertical panning).

BTW, you can also "get much better zoom control" when using keyboard Page-Up or Page-Down if you hold down the SHIFT key (been that way for years).

JM

At 12:06 AM 6/1/2004, Tony Karavidas wrote:
I'm not sure if it can be changed, but it's not ridiculous. You get much
better zoom control using the mouse wheel than you do with the Page Up/Down
keys.

Now changing the non-key, shift key, ctrl key versions of the wheel mouse
would be good if zoom is your number 1 use for the wheel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Monroe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 2:20 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Wheeling with DXP

Does anybody know how to change the way the mouse wheel functions in DXP?

I want to zoom using the wheel without also having to hold down the CTRL
key. The default setting is ridiculous requiring both mouse and keyboard to
zoom. If I really wanted to use the keyboard, I'd just use the Page Up/Down
keys - that only takes one hand.

JM