Steve - Can't say for sure without seeing your schematic, but here is my guess.

You are using Sheet Symbols/Port Connections for your netlist scope and your top sheet has one or more GND net labels that are not attached to a GND power port. Therefor you get two GND nets. If you change your netlist scope to Net Labels & Ports Global, the two ground nets will merge to one (but this may also cause other nets to merge that you don't want merged). The quickest way to resolve the problem is to place GND net label on a short wire and also connect a GND power port to the same wire. This will essentially merge your local GND net with your global GND power port net.

As far as trace is concerned, never used it so I can't be of much help there.

JM