Darren

Why don't you just keep the SCH as Orcad and layout in Protel?

All you really need from the imported DSN is a netlist and matching
footprints in the PCB library available in the PCB editor. So no need
really to have a nice SCH in Protel, just increase sheet size to avoid
off sheet objects as I have seen some strange behaviour when compiling
with objects outside sheet border, all orcad imports :-)

You did not mention what version of Orcad you were translating from.

Yes the imports can be untidy, but usually the design is intact once you
pick the correct connectivity model.

John