Jerry,

It all depends on you and the PCB designs you are
doing.
If you've been using Protel, DXP2004 would be easier
for you. You'll spend some time in learning it but not
so much time and troubles when translating the old
files.

If all of you are new to PADS, you'll have to spend
time for learning the software and translating your
designs unless you decide to keep using both CAD
packages for some time - old PCBs on Protel and the
new ones on PADS.

You may also compare prices but this is the least
important thing for me. I'd focus on the software
features. If you have differential pairs on your
designs, PADS would be more helpful.
Is PCAD out of your choices? I'd take a look at it.

Mira

http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html