Steve- The only place I've seen the "2004" name used is on Altium's web site and marketing materials. The program's splash screen and about menu all call it DXP. I think the marketing whizzes at Altium came up with the 2004 moniker to make it appear to be a new and better product. I wish Altium would just forget the smoke and mirrors and address more of the usability complaints.

To be fair though, I understand "04" does have some improvements over the previous version of DXP, though I couldn't tell you what they are since I skipped the DXP upgrade till 04 came out. Glad I didn't do it any sooner!

If you haven't kept up with DXP and you're not upgrading to 04, be sure to get the latest service pack 3 (pre-release). I don't know why Protel has never finished that release, but from what I understand it's a must for DXP.

I'm at the beginning stages of a large project using 04. It's stalled for the moment but I'll be posting my experiences here.

JM