Trent Bates wrote:

I am trying to export one of my schematics to a customer.  I am using Protel
99SE SP6.

The customer would like it in a pdf format or an Orcad format (.DSN file or
something of the sort) or something they could read from PSpice.  I tried
saving one of my schematics as an Orcad .sch file but strange things
happened and components went all over the place.  What is the best way to
export the schematic.  Can Protel export to a pdf format?  I think that
would be the easiest.  I can take screen shots but you end up loosing a lot
of detail with screen shots.  If I took a screen shot of the whole schematic
it would look pretty fuzzy when you zoomed in once it was in pdf format.  If
I could export directly to pdf I could keep the detail.

So what is the best way to communicate Protel schematics with people who
don't have Protel?

The export to pdf is through a printer driver. I use Acrobat, not the reader, but Acrobat itself for few 100$. There are free alternatives though. Then one just prints into Acrobat distiller and that is it.

Rene