Terry

I thought it did work with PDF using WFS or DDB as long as you did not
export it again (it was not readable by Acrobat anymore complained it
was corrupt).

>From memory this issue was because of the header appended to the top of
the PDF file by the access database system used by 99SE when it was
imported/linked, it overwites the expected %PDF header, and if you
exported it again, Acrobat seen a different header than %PDF and deemed
the file unreadable.

I am quite sure it was OK as long as you did not export it again.

I will try it again in a bit to double check.

John