At risk of reopening the "mouse wars" of yesteryear, I need to ask what's the
best driver to install to use a Microsoft Intellipoint (Dell branded) mouse
with Protel 99SE. I had a pretty decent setup and should have left well enough
alone, but I tried to install a newer mouse with dual scroll wheels etc, and
that didn't work out. I can't seem to get back to the configuration I had
before using either the v4.1 driver I thought I was using nor the freshly
downloaded (from microsoft.com) v5.0 drivers.

What I'd really like, and what I thought I was getting when I bought the
mouse, was the ability to use the scroll whele for zoom. With the way Protel
zooms, that's all I need, and I'd never scroll at all. Just roll the wheel one way
to zoom out till the area of interest is in view, move the mouse pointer over
there, and roll the wheel the other way to zoom back in. Who needs scroll
bars?

Steve Hendrix