Hi Kathy - try following!
Hold down the Shift Key then press letter E.
This toggles the electrical grid.
If you still don't have a Grid you may want to check your actual Snap Grid
Type the letter G and a dialog box will open - choose your working snap from there - or;
type in - OL
A dialog box opens - click on options tab - from within this window you be able to change the Grid - as well
Cheers
Robi