From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 October 2004 11:44 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Flex do's and don'ts ?

i am doing my first flex circuit

other than 'talk to my fabricator'
(which i am doing except for language and time zone issues)

is there any such thing as a standard
material callout for thickness?
or a unit of incrementing the requested thickness ?

something comparable to the good old 062 050 031" callouts ?

our requirement is 'pretty thin, but not too thin' :}
(i.e. no particular dimensional requirement)

also i wonder how to call out the copper thickness
i want that 'pretty thick'

it will be made in China, so i guess it will be metric units

i am trying to stay with normal materials and ranges
so we don't ask for more than we need

it will be plated through and needs to take a pretty sharp
bend radius

i sort of remember reading once that trace turns (corners)
should be radiused
is this true?

anyone have a compendium of do's and don'ts ?

the fabricator says they do 2.6 mil traces standard
and up to 7 layers
odd layer counts ok

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com