O alta scrisoare, trimisa catre CENTRAS de o simpatizanta a Alburnus Maior
(scuze ca este in engleza!):
--------------------------

----- Original Message -----
From: Francoise HEIDEBROEK
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 1:41 PM
Subject: CENTRAS and ROSIA MONTANA

Dear Ms. Sinziana OLTEANU,

Those of us who have been involved in the Rosia Montana campaign since 1999,
have seen enough so-called Romanian "NGOs" trying to jump into the controversy
to make money and/or publicity, without any
consideration to the villagers  and their fate .
Those who started the campaign know well how much painstaking efforts had to be
deployed in order to develop public awareness, and how difficult it has been
for those against the project to voice their opposition.
For seven years, RMGC propaganda machine has intoxicated the locals and the
authorities, by bribing officials and sponsoring the media.
We all read in the press abouth the thousands of jobs promised by RMGC, and we
all saw the film showing lucky millionaires in Rosia Montana on Prima TV
sponsored by RMCG. If you had the curiosity to listen to the speeches adressed
by Gabriel Resources management to  the Canadian shareholders, and to compare
it with the speeches on sustainable development and social responsiblity fed to
the Romanian public, you would have understood that this company is mining for
money, does not care about the people and is very happy to have the support of
corrupted officials.

Initially - when the subject did not have public exposure - none of these NGOs
were interested to participate in the campaign. In Rosia Montana, nobody heard
of CENTRAS until Dan Petrescu was offered a job by RMGC. Clearly, RMGC hired Mr
Petrescu for his ties with CENTRAS and APD (as a founder in both organization)
and also his links with the World Bank.
>From the start, both organizations are in a conflict of interest and should be
>excluded from the public consultation monitoring process. The recent
>initiative by CENTRAS and APD, next to GEC (Dan Manoleli who publicly supports
>RMGC Project) confirms that these NGOs do not have the necessary
>"independance and objectiveness" stand to undertake such monitoring task.

It is certainly disturbing to read your childish reaction to Alburnus Maior
decision to reject CENTRAS. This confirms that you lack the maturity to handle
a monitoring process which is about human lives. The
EIA process in Rosia Montana is is not a political election, it is a very
serious process which requires objectivity and maturity, because it will rule
the fate of thousands of people for hundreds of years.

If you have some notion about justice and democracy, and a little sense of
European values, you should either join the campaign, or switch to other
business.  If you insist, you will compromise totally CENTRAS reputation in the
wider European "NGO" family, as well as with the european financing
institutions. And it goes without saying that a "monitoring party" which has
been rejected by the opposition group is de facto out of the picture.

Regards,

Francoise Heidebroek
Member ALBURNUS MAIOR

--
"Let me know, that at least, she will try
Then she'll be a true love of mine"

www.nuclearinfo.ro

Take a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for
anyone who cares about public education!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O.5XsA/8WnJAA/E2hLAA/DXOolB/TM