To whom it may concern,
I downloaded proTeXt from the intstallable-only proTeXt image, following your instruction at http://www.tug.org/protext .  It's a single applicaiton file with name protext, 415,986 KB in size.
But when I tried to install it.  It stopped in the middle of self-extracting to the hard drive c:/protext, with the error message "some installation files are corrupt.  please download a fresh copy and retry the installation".
I redid it.  This time, download from an alternative image site.  The file name is protext-inst.zip, 385,335 KB in size.  When I extract the files, it stopped in the middle and produced the error message "compressed (zipped) folders error, error reading the file".  So failed again.

Please let me know if you can help.
Thanks.
Dong Fu
FRB Dallas