Hi all,

I Installed miktex 2.8 (and 2.7 other PC) and wanted to try WinEdt with it. The
diagnosis told me, what you read below

So I am missing texmf and Tex-Bin??? Nevertheless TexNicCenter and Winedt are
compiling my files correctly. What is wrong with my installation of miktex?

thx in advance

Ulrich

--------------------
Summary :-(

===========

There are some problems with your TeX installation. Depending on your intended
use of WinEdt and TeX you may have to install additional software, or missing
TeX Components...

... (snipped) ...

Searching for Executables:

==========================

WinEdt will try to locate external executables based on the information stored
in the variables that were imported from Windows Registry in its Startup Macro.
If some components are not found follow the instructions. Some applications
such as, for example, TtH or HHC are optional; you can ignore any messages
about the "missing" accessories that you are not intending to use...

TeX-Root: not Found

C:\texmf

TeX-Bin: not Found

C:\texmf\miktex\bin