On Oct 28, 12:04 am, honce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are looking at the dotnet-protobufs for a new and are unable to
> build the generated C# code. I downloaded the latest code out of git
> and have been successful in building a C# file.
>
> We have been running:
> protoc -operson.bin person.proto
> protogen person.bin
>
> We add person.cs to our solution and rebuild with VS2008sp1 targeted
> for .Net 3.5sp1 on WinXP sp3. We then get the following error:
> Person.cs(7,29): error CS0441: 'Person': a class cannot be both static
> and sealed

Odd. It certainly sounds like a straight bug, but I'm amazed that I
haven't seen it elsewhere.

Do you not specify a package or namespace anywhere? That may be
relevant (although it's still a bug in protogen, of course).
Look at the unit tests for examples of how to specify things - I'm
hoping to make it simpler in terms of the csharp_options.proto and
descriptor.proto dependencies over time.

Jon