Hi,
   Lets say my proto (abcd.proto) is compiled with the protoc compiler
version 2.0.3 and my application also links to the corresponding
runtime libraries. I now run my app and store the  bytes generated
from the proto object to some persistent store (say a database).

A month from now, I decide to upgrade to protocol buffer version 2.0.4
(which say is released) and recompile abcd.proto using the new
compiler to generate the new cpp classes. I hook my app to the new
runtime libraries and try to read the older bytes (v2.0.3) from the
persistent store. Will it be able to?

In other words, are the bytes that are written out (for an unchanged
proto file) compatible across protobuf library versions? Will this
always be guaranteed?

Thanks.