I don't really consider this slacking; anything going to the open source
community is a public gift and should be treated as such.  I mostly just
want to avoid fragmentation and having three different plugins doing the
same thing, so that it can be focused and as high-quality as possible.  Even
if it has no tests I'd love to see it as an alpha-release plugin, and
perhaps Tom, myself and others can help out with tests and/or enhancements
to bring it to beta and/or release.

As I said I made one for internal use at my workplace and it will satisfy
our needs until this one pops up.  Thanks in advance to you and Tom (and
anyone else working on it); I'd love to see protobuf gain in popularity and
tooling and in particular replace XML where it makes sense (which is a LOT
of places); I just can't take any more inappropriate use of XML in my life
:)

Nat