We use setuptools to manage installations.  If there's a way to do this, it
should be documented in the setuptools documentation.
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools

I suspect it's there somewhere but haven't tried it myself.

You could also just run "setup.py test" and then copy the .py files wherever
you want.  (Running the test first makes sure that descriptor_pb2.py is
generated.)