It would be nicer to get the changes into the official release if possible,
rather than have a fork which may become out-of-date.  But for that, I
really need you to provide a patch, preferably against the latest SVN
sources, rather than a zip file that doesn't even have matching file names.
 I will need to review the changes line-by-line, and will probably suggest a
number of changes -- this is where codereview.appspot.com comes in handy, as
it allows me to send you comments attached to specific lines of code.
But if you don't have time for that, I suppose I could post the link.