On 12/09/2009 09:00 PM, Kenton Varda wrote:
> Actually I don't think we need DescriptorPool in Java.  DescriptorPool
> was primarily written for the purpose of memory management, but Java
> handles that for us.  If all you need is the mapping aspect, just build
> a Map<String, ServiceDescriptor> yourself and use it.

This is close to what I do now. Next question is : can I get hold of the
java class that is associated with a Descriptor.

 From the service descriptor, I can get to the MethodDescriptor I am
interested in, and then I can get the Descriptor of the input type of
the method, but at that point I would like to create a builder for the
input message. Should I also maintain a Map<String,Descriptor>

One thing I thought of would be to go back to the file descriptor
associated with the input message type descriptor, check the two java
options, and use java reflection. would this work ?

It is a shame the java class name is not the same as the message type
full name.

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast