Owner: ken...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 163 by tianhaozhang: protoc cpp invalid #include links

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create "TestRoot" message to import"TestLeaf" in ./src/TestRoot.proto
2. Create "TestLeaf" message in ./src/Foo/TestLeaf.protoc
3. Run "protoc --cpp_out=../Test TestRoot.proto ./Test/Foo/TestLeaf.proto
4. Open the generated file "../Test/Foo/TestLeaf.pb.cc"

I am expecting the #include statement to read:
    #include "TestLeaf.pb.h"

However it reads
    #include "Foo/TestLeaf.pb.h"

Using 2.3.0, Windows XP + Visual Studio 2008 SP1.

When compiling the VS complains that it could not open include file
"Foo/TestLeaf.pb.h". If I manually change the #include statement to read:

    #include "TestLeaf.pb.h"

The project compiles fine.

Please let me know if I can helpout by providing any additional information,

Tian