I am trying to a create communication between client / server using
protocol buffers. My problem is that the client sends different
structures. say for example:

client wants person record to be written to data base or contact
record to be written to database.

Now I am able to serialize person and send it over to the server.
Since the server doesnt know what structure it is(it can be contact
structure or person structure) how can it deserialize. Is there a way
to know what the structure type is so that the server can deserialize
it to the corresponding structure??
I mean if you can serialize / deserialize only one kind of structure
then it is a huge restriction. It will be great if someone sheds some
light on how google uses it since it has around 12000
structures(protos) to communicate.