Comment #15 on issue 81 by supercargo: Maven Protoc Plugin Code Review

I have found a bug in the way that the derivedProtopathElements get calculated. It is assumed that all the dependency artifacts will be files (specifically jar files)
but this is not the case when doing a reactor (multi-module) build.

For reactor builds, the compile artifacts can be directories, e.g., target/classes,
from other modules that were built as part of the same mvn invocation.

I'd like to second the comment that I don't really see the need to always be looking in dependency jars for .proto files. If I'm depending on an artifact with proto files, why would I assume that the java bindings were not generated and included in that dependency's jar? My preference would be to require transitive sources of proto
files be listed explicitly in the plugin config.