Hi Steven!

If you're running Solaris 10, I HIGHLY recommend the use of Sun Studio instead of GCC. GCC shipped with Solaris is ludicrously old and has issues.

If you cannot, for some reason, use Sun Studio instead, I highly recommend installing a recent gcc (4.2 or later) I believe there is one in blastwave.

We (the Drizzle project have had nothing but nightmares with gcc on solaris and C++ - and we even worked for Sun until just recently)

However - config.log is going to be the place to look if you do want to try to ferret out this problem. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Monty