Hi,

Actually I am trying this on 2 different boxes: (1) Solaris 10 and (2)
Nexenta.

On (1) the gcc version was (gcc (GCC) 3.4.6)
On (2) the gcc version was (gcc version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu
4.2.3-2nexenta7) )

... And neither has worked.

I am really sorry for the confusion. Here is the excerpt from gtest/
config.log which I captured from (2) (The Nexenta box):

*******************
gcc version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2nexenta7)
configure:2769: $? = 0
configure:2776: gcc -V >&5
gcc: '-V' option must have argument
configure:2779: $? = 1
configure:2802: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2829: gcc  -m64   conftest.c  >&5
configure:2832: $? = 0
configure:2870: result: a.out
configure:2887: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2897: ./a.out
./configure: line 2898: ./a.out: cannot execute binary file
configure:2900: $? = 126
configure:2909: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
... Kenton int the previous reply pointed it out that the '-m64' flag
might be the one causing problem. I'm going to try it out tonight when
I get home.

Also, thanks Maciej for you info in the previous reply about the newer
version of gcc. I will give it a try a let you know.

Again, sorry for all the confusion and thanks for all the respond.

Regards,
Steven