Having an error using code generated by protobuf (c++) version 2.2.0.
I include a bunch of generated .pb.cc files generated from .proto
files, none of which have packages defined.

as a result i'm getting a bunch of strange errors:
Error   1       error C2086: 'google::protobuf::GoogleOnceType `anonymous-
namespace'::protobuf_AssignDescriptors_once_' : redefinition    h:\src
\project\trunk\src\trayicon\RegisterUserReq.pb.cc       57      TrayIcon
Error   2       error C2084: function 'void `anonymous-
namespace'::protobuf_AssignDescriptorsOnce(void)' already has a body    h:
\src\project\trunk\src\trayicon\RegisterUserReq.pb.cc   58      TrayIcon
Error   3       error C2084: function 'void `anonymous-
namespace'::protobuf_RegisterTypes(const std::string &)' already has a
body    h:\src\project\trunk\src\trayicon\RegisterUserReq.pb.cc 63
TrayIcon
Error   4       error C3861: 'protobuf_AssignDescriptorsOnce': identifier not
found   h:\src\project\trunk\src\trayicon\RegisterUserReq.pb.cc 64
TrayIcon
Error   5       error C3861: 'protobuf_AssignDescriptorsOnce': identifier not
found   h:\src\project\trunk\src\trayicon\RegisterUserReq.pb.cc 112
TrayIcon

...and the list goes on.

My gut is telling me that this has something to do w/ the lack of
packages, but i dont want to add them to the .protos because there are
a lot of teams that depend on these .proto files and it would cause a
lot of code changes for them to have to start using the new namespace
in all the code where they use these messages.  The other teams are
still using protobuf 2.0.3 which apparently doesnt have this problem.

any solutions to this or am i stuck?
Thanks!