Thanks Jason,

Yes map reduce works with the raw bytes of data. I was planning to
have log analysis over hadoop using map reduce. Suppose I have ever
increasing log files and I want to serialize its data and then pass
over the Hadoop map reduce to get it analyzed. If this is the use case
then do we have any mechanism through which we can feed the serialized
data into the map reduce?

Bye :)