On Apr 27, 2010, at 15:04 , Kenton Varda wrote:
The "optimizations" mentioned in the changelog are CPU speed or memory usage optimizations, not encoded size optimizations.

Totally unrelated, but this reminds me that I think there may still be one optimization possible with Java protocol buffers and strings. I'll try to spend some time revisiting this at some point "soon."

Evan

--
Evan Jones
http://evanjones.ca/